Whenever Google comes out with a new update to Adwords Editor, the next time you run the program you will be prompted with the option to create automatic back-up files of your accounts as a precautionary measure.
Rarely do you have to worry about finding these back-up files but in some cases you do. For example, let's say you had unposted changes that haven't been uploaded yet to Adwords and now you need to find that AEA back-up file on your computer.
Here's a video that shows you how to find the AEA automatic back-up files on a Windows 7 machine and how to import an account back into Adwords Editor.
Where are the Adwords Editor AEA Automatic Back-up files located on a Windows 7 machine?
- Search for auto-backup on your computer. If you can find the folder, great! The automatic AEA back-up files are in that folder.
- If searching didn't work, the problem might be that your have hidden files, folders and drives.
- In Windows 7, go to: Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Folder Options > View Tab
- Select the radio button that says "Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives"
How do I import an Adwords Editor AEA Automatic Back-up file into Adwords Editor?
- To load an AEA back-up file into Adwords Editor, go to Adwords Editor and select File > Import Account Snapshot
- Navigate to the auto-backup folder and select the AEA file you want to import and restore into Adwords Editor