In this video, I show how to identify unique ad destination URLs within each ad group.
This is useful when you want to remove all keyword-level destination URLs and want ad groups to send traffic to one specific URL.
Using Excel and pivot tables, you simply follow this process:
- Download your ads report from Google or Bing
- Remove all unnecessary columns (the only columns you need are Ad Group and Destination URL really)
- Remove duplicates so only unique records exist
- Insert into a pivot table
- Select Ad Group, Destination URL, then drag destination URL to 'Values' area to get a count
- Sort by 'More sort options' and select descending based on 'Count of Destination URL'
Ad groups with more than one ad-level destination URL will show up at the top.
You've just identified which ad groups contain ads that send traffic to multiple URLs.